
AMORES PERROS (LOVE'S A BITCH!!!)
This mexican movie is the debut film of one Mr.Alejandro Gonzales Innaritu(god knows how one pronounces it!!)... After one hell of a day,I sat down to watch this movie last night..I bought a pack of Lays and a 500ml Pepsi bottle and sat in front of the Comp..My roomie was outdoor doing god-knows-what..So I started this movie..I began to like the movie from the title frame..
The movie is what one calls an omnibus film ... Three completely unrelated plots linked by one incident,which happens to be a car-crash in this case.The three plots are narrated sequentially which makes it quite easy to understand..And the three plots collide literally..
The three main plots are:
1)Octavio and Susana (Octavia is in love with his brother's wife,Susana)
2)Daniel and Valeria(Daniel, who has left his family for a supermodel,Valeria)
3)El Chivo and Maru(El chivo,an ex-guerilla, who tries to reconnect with his daughter who
believes he's dead)
One more thing that connects the three plots are the usage of Dogs as principle characters
(Yeah,Thats the title theme after all)
I dont wanna disclose anymore details about the story line...Its a li'l bit gory with lotsa blood.(Human and also canine)..Inarritu's style is bold and raw. The scenes of dog fighting are brief, but intense..The narration reminds me of Aayitha Ezhuthu,which also(like Amores Perros) has a pivotal accident which forms the crux of the three stories.
Overall , The movie is a good watch,but not for the faint hearted..
I give it a 50/100

2 Comments:
Azhutha Ezhutha was an adaptation of Ameros Peros. Not the other way. :)
Arun
(just been to your blog)
i didnt say it was an adaptation..i juz said maniratnam used the same narration style(ie)story with an accident as the crux which holds the 3 chars together..
Post a Comment
<< Home