
SOMETHING SOMETHING UNAKKUM ENAKKUM(Tamil)
A straight 'Frame by Frame' rip-off of a telugu movie(called " Nuvvosthavante Nennodhantaana", btw, its not a tongue twister)
Having seen the original version, I found this version less impressive than its predecessor(which wasn't that good either). I personally am against tamil directors remaking telugu movies into tamil.
I dunno why the director 'reMake' Raja is credited for the screenplay of the film, Its a straight rip-off!!! Even the dialogues have just been literally translated which gives the movie an even more amateurish look.
Santosh(Jeyam R(emake)avi ) plays a 'born with a silver spoon' kinda guy who comes to India from london for his cousin Lalita's(Richa Palot) marriage. Kavitha(Trisha) plays Lalita's close pal. Both of them obviously fall in love after a brief feud. Muthupandi(Prabhu) plays Trisha's loving big brother,who hates rich men(a flashback explains how he brought up Trisha, (too much anna-thangachi senti) and why he hated rich men(as usual again))
The name,Muthupandi however rings a different bell, that too with trisha(Do u hear a "Chellam,I love u"..I do).Finally,Santosh wins muthupandi's heart and thereby trisha too..
There is also Bhagyaraj as Santosh's Dad,a complete misfit for the role..His pathetic Butler English make things worse(He plays a london biz-tycoon,Omigawd, (tamil cinema at its worst))..The dialogues were damp squib as they were just literal translations of the telugu version.
Positives:Comedy that goes with the plot, Trisha, 'Lollu' Santhanam's comedy(vulgar at times)
Negatives : Everything else
The telugu version was better because of Siddharth(much better actor), Prakashraj(who played siddharth's dad), Though its the same music,it sounded much better in telugu..
I give this movie 29/100
I think the concept of remaking movies stunts the creativity of the director. This movie,I felt did not need a director at all...All the actors needed to do was watch the telugu version and remember their lines(simple as that??). Are tamil directors lazy to pen their own stories??
or Is it the fear of failure that makes them stick to winning formulae?

4 Comments:
that was a gud one...to think that i was about to go to the movie todaay..know wat??? the all time worst movie made in tamil wud probably be Jeyam...and ppl were really ooh aa over taht stuff..tamil makkalin rasanai appadi...my tution calss gals were too afraid even to narrate chandramukhi story...thank u for warning me...29/100 hmmm..thats not even pass....
that was a gud one...to think that i was about to go to the movie todaay..know wat??? the all time worst movie made in tamil wud probably be Jeyam...and ppl were really ooh aa over taht stuff..tamil makkalin rasanai appadi...my tution calss gals were too afraid even to narrate chandramukhi story...thank u for warning me...29/100 hmmm..thats not even pass....
If this is wat u mean by choosing not to be roger ebert, well then i vow u a good journey thro this self-inflicted suicide. but tell me if u do hv any updates on version 2
oh and mr. gonzo on about me? read abt hunter in wiki. it's an interseting one
Post a Comment
<< Home